No matter which casino you visit there is one area which is sure to be brimming with excitement, whoops of exclamation, and an exhilarating raw energy – the roulette tables.
Real money roulette is by far one of the most enjoyable and popular casino games, and playing it online by no means minimising the drama and action – and you can do it without even having to leave the house!
The best part about roulette, and one of reasons it remains so popular, is that you won’t need very much experience in order to get in on the action.
We have however put together a fool proof guide to getting started with this tantalizing game so you don’t find yourself on the wrong side of the action.
Roulette 101 – The Basics of the Game
- Online roulette consists of 3 components: a wheel, a ball, and the roulette table.
- The table features the numbers 1 through 36, a single zero, and a double zero if you’re playing American roulette.
- All numbers are either black or red, except for the single or double zero which is typically green.
- The table features the following betting options: odd, even, red, black, 1-18, 19-36, 1st dozen, 2nd dozen, and 3rd
- The wheel features the same numbers as found on the table: 1-36, single zero, and possibly a double zero.
Playing Roulette Like a Pro
All you have to do when online casino gambling with roulette is place one or more bets on what number you think the ball will land on when the spinning roulette wheel comes to rest.
There are many reasons why players prefer to play online roulette as opposed to a land-based casino, but the main reason is that the game play is much faster.
You will never have to wait for other players to place their bets, which speeds up the game significantly, and you will never have to worry about a crowded table full of spectators as it’s just you, the dealer, and the table.
Roulette Bets and Odds
The most complicated aspect of roulette is getting to know the different types of bets, their odds, and their payouts. You will notice a difference between the true odds and the payout offered by the casino which is known as the ‘house edge’.
- 0, 00, or any single number – payout 35:1, odds 37:1
- 0, 00, and any 2 adjoining numbers – payout 17:1, odds 18:1
- Any 3 numbers – payout 11:1, odds 1.557:1
- Any 4 numbers in a block – payout 8:1, odds 8.5:1
- 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 – payout 6:1, odds 5.33:1
- Column / Dozen bet – payout 2:1, odds 2.157:1
- Odd / Even / Red / Black / 1-18 / 19-36 – payout 1:1, odds 1.111:1
Quick Roulette Tips
- Start with a simple bet such as odd, even, red, or black when you’re just getting started.
This is one of the simplest bets you can place and it increases your chances of winning real money while you’re getting used to how the game works.
- Remember the difference between American and European roulette.
Thanks to the single zero on the European roulette wheels, as opposed to the single and double zero on the American wheel, the house edge is kinder on the player when playing European roulette.
- Know the payout before you place the bet.
You will need to place smart bets in order to make the most of your bankroll, so it’s a good idea to combine the chance of a good payout with a good opportunity in the game.